DTS Week at The Cove
May 31 – June 5, 2020
Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove
1 Porters Cove Rd, Asheville, NC 28805
Interested in attending DTS Week at The Cove? Dr. Mark Bailey and Dr. Mark Yarbrough will be team teaching The Story of Scripture (BE201NC) in a different venue and format this summer. It will be taught as a hybrid course at a beautiful retreat in the mountains of North Carolina called The Cove – a teaching facility for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA). They will be teaching an intensive Bible training which is open to the public called “The Greatest Story Ever Told.” It can also be taken for credit.
Check out the website for detailed information on prices for room and board: https://register.thecove.org/events/detail/162
- The Complete Cove Experience (Event, Meals, Lodging) – starting at $1,157
- The Cove Experience Off-Property (Event, Meals) – $253/person
- Seminar Only – $25/person
Why is this a unique opportunity?
- A retreat/class. While this is a DTS class, it is a class that is like a retreat. As a hybrid, it does not meet all day. You will have the afternoons off. Spouses are welcome. It’s a great opportunity to grow together.
- The environment. The Cove is a beautiful mountain resort surrounded by God’s creative handiwork. This provides a great opportunity to study and reflect. Take a look: https://thecove.org/photos-videos/
- The fellowship. Since this is open to the public (but limited in size), you will have an opportunity to fellowship with many other believers from around the country. We will share all meals together and have time to discuss topics related to class – and life. This is an adult-only facility. Children over 16 may register but must attend all sessions with an adult.
The class will be offered June 1-June 5, 2020. To be specific, you will need to arrive on the afternoon of Sunday, May 31. The class will run from Monday morning through noon on Friday. If taken for credit, you have to pay the alumni tuition rate to DTS ($200/credit hour) and do all the work for the course (due by August 7). You can go online at www.dts.edu/schedule and look at the Summer 2020 BE201NC syllabus to see the time and work involved in the course. You can register for the course here.
Something like this is unique and combines a vacation/retreat with a class. It is a great opportunity, and we encourage you to consider it! Space is limited, so sign up as soon as possible.
If you are interested or would like more information about this opportunity – please contact the Alumni Office at 214-887-5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org