Alumni Distinguished Service Award
The mission of Dallas Theological Seminary as a professional, graduate-level school is to glorify God by equipping godly servant-leaders for the proclamation of His Word and the building up of the body of Christ worldwide.
Based on the mission of Dallas Theological Seminary, the Alumni Office seeks to honor select graduates who have distinguished themselves through Christian character, commitment to Scripture, and faithful service to the body of Christ.
- Christian Character – “godly servant-leader”
- Commitment to Scripture – “proclamation of His Word”
- Faithful Service – “building up of the body of Christ worldwide”
Nominated individuals are prayerfully considered in light of 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:6-9; Ephesians 5:1-33; Galatians 5:22-23 and Romans 12:1-21. Recipients of the award should demonstrate at least ten years of faithfulness to Christ, perseverance in service, and contributions to the cause of Christ, seen or unseen. References should be people who have known the alumnus for an extended period of time.
If you know of an alumnus(a) whom God is blessing in life and ministry, we would like to hear about them. The recipient will be honored at a special day at the Dallas campus with an exclusive award package. Please fill out a Nomination Form below and submit it to the Alumni Office.
Individuals currently associated with Dallas Theological Seminary in an official capacity (Board, Faculty, Staff, Administration or hold Emeritus status) are not eligible to receive this recognition. Nominations are not guaranteed recognition by Dallas Theological Seminary. Please keep your nominations confidential.
- 2013 – Tom Oyler (ThM, 1979)
- 2014 – Marty Berglund (ThM, 1980)
- 2015 – Vickie Kraft (MABS, 1985)
- 2016 – Jim Congdon (ThM, 1976)
- 2017 – Vincent Parker (ThM, 1995)
- 2018 – Gary DeSalvo (ThM, 1981)
- 2019 – Henry Breidenthal (ThM, 1962)
- 2020 – John Standard (ThM, 1983)
- 2021-2022 – Stephen Davey (STM, 1986)